Okay, but you have to promise me you'll read the bird post below, too. (No, that does not count as one more weird thing.)
Rob has tagged me with the Six Weird Things Meme and I am complying, though belatedly.
1. I was a French Protestant girl scout. Which to me wasn’t weird, but when you say it to people in the U.S. it sounds strange. How it happened: My parents were U.S. Americans living in France, where I grew up. The scouting movements in France are denominationally based: there are Catholic scouts, Protestant (Reformed Church of France) scouts, Jewish scouts, Orthodox Christian scouts, and because it’s France, secular scouts. There are now Muslim scouts, though there weren’t yet when I was a child. Given my parents’ humanism, the secular scouts would have made most sense, but because their closest French friends happened to be members of the Eglise Réformée de France and had been very active in the church’s scouting movement, my parents sent my brother and me to that one.
2. I have five incisors on the bottom instead of four. (And all my wisdom teeth came in. Which means I have about as many teeth as you can have.)
3. I am completely bilingual in English and French, except that I count in French. I have to make an extra effort to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in English, so most of the time I just do it in French.
4. I don’t hate fund-raising. I actually like it. But don’t ask me to do accounting.
5. It turns out half my blogger buddies are ever so slightly obsessive-compulsive. Not clinically so, just in moderation. I am among the bunch. Really, it’s mostly for practical reasons, so it’s not that weird. Spices in the kitchen cabinet, books on the shelves in my home and office, CDs, clothes – they all have to be organized thematically. So how come my desk is so messy?
6. I’ve never read Catcher in the Rye, Franny and Zooey, or Catch-22.
I tag no one. This branch of the meme ends here. Not that we will ever run out of weird things, or people.
There's a new meme going around about five joyful events -- but I can't remember where I saw it or exactly what the wording of it was.
So, read about the bird below.