Thursday, May 8, 2008

A churchy day at last

Ah, at last, a churchy day. At least in part. I had a meeting with a colleague from the diocese to talk about the respective groups we chair and ways for us and our committees and constituencies to work in common. We spoke also about the over-programming syndrome in congregations and dioceses and the lack of sabbath time in the lives of laypeople, and clergy too...

I may write about the latter topic in my next Episcopal Cafe column. (I'm a regular contributor as of this month.) I may write about race instead. I have a few days to think about this. I'll write about both these topics in the coming months, in any case. It's just a question of when and how.

Meanwhile, I have almost finished writing the New Preface by the Author. I had no idea it would take so long.

After the meeting and lunch, there was more reading and grading. This evening, there is still more reading and grading -- till whatever time of night I finish, because final grades for most students are due first thing tomorrow morning. Final grades for seniors were due yesterday.

Graduation is Saturday and, like last year, I will be doing a little dance afterwards.

2 comments:

pj said...

Okay. Because of the picture, I am obligated to leave these two thoughts:

"Oh, I'll bet our naughty parts are becoming all engorged and tingly,"

and,

SATAN???

Anyhoo, I hope you get a little break from work soon.

johnieb said...

Our friend the Scamp.