Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More important than watching the debate

THIS FRIDAY is the deadline for registering to vote in North Carolina.

This may be true in other states too.

If you only have a couple of hours to spare for citizenship work this week, please use them to make sure you are registered (I am going to contact my local election board to make sure my change of address form "took" since I moved recently and filled in the change of address form to change my precinct and voting place.) and to help register new voters. There are voter registration drives all over.

REGISTER TO VOTE.

REGISTER OTHERS TO VOTE.

28 days.

Brought to you by your daily ¡Sí, se puede!

Activated till the polls close on November 4.

After that, we'll make plans to drive people to the polls or do some poll-watching on Election Day. (You know, to ensure fair elections. Jimmy Carter, where are you?) Stay tuned. And put in for a day off that day. Your country needs you.

No comments: