Thursday, June 26, 2008

Computer virus break (oy)

I ran into a nasty virus on a link from +Clumber's blog, Barkings of an Old Dog (note: not from Clumber's blog itself) --see my note in the Comments there on the most recent post. [Later note: Clumber has removed that post so no one else will get infected.] I am writing this in haste while the computer is in "safe mode." Am going to the tech-y people to disinfect in the a.m. (this sounds ominous) so if I'm offline for a while, I'm in quarantine!

Note: This does not in any way indicate conflicts or schismatic rumblings between Her Grace, +Maya Pavlova, and her beloved canine episcopal brethren. It's just a nasty tech-y problem.

5 comments:

+clumber said...

+clumber feels terrible, but as a Mac user, had no way to know about this. He shall wear a hair shirt all day for penance.

Jane R said...

Oh, dear, +Clumber, we are against hairshirts in this household. +Maya absolutely forbids it. If she finds one, she uses it as a scratching post. She favors soft materials on which one can curl up and nap.

Of course, if you have your own hairshirt, you are a consenting adult and you may impose your own penance upon yourself, but we will take a drink with you instead, next time one of us is in your fair region.

Jane R (writing from the tech office where her computer is being "re-imaged" --- aaaaaaaugh - but I think we won't lose any data, only time, so all is well, and thank heavens I get free computer care from the college)

FranIAm said...

Oh my- this is the work of GAFCON-ites is it not???

Jane R said...

I resisted the temptation of being a conspiracy theorist when I wrote this post. I shall resist some more. I do not speak ill of either the living or the dead. I am a woman of virtue. {Her Grace Maya Pavlova is now contorted with laughter. No, wait, she's grooming her paws.}

Ken said...

You may be a woman of virtue but I am a man of 3 weeks' insomnia so I abjure any responsibility. GAFCON comes across like a bunch of schoolchildren fighting to prove THEY have the better team. What they miss is spectacular venom. They ought to have invited the Rev. Fred Phelps from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, a true hater whose website "God Hates Fags" is at least honest. Ah...he'd probably have said no since he believes most Anglicans are "sodomites" anyway. Uh...isn't Sodomite a mineral gathered from mines in northern New Mexico?