Monday, January 21, 2008

And they think we weren't about conversion...

I made the mistake of going to visit A Certain Blog to see what they were saying about my beloved diocese, and of course they have announced that we have gone off the deep end. They clearly have no idea how much talk there was about Jesus at our gathering. I'm serious.

There was even a revival among some of us hard-drinking, gambling, high-flying Episcopalians. [Yeah, I know, this scene is a takeoff on the Salvation Army, a.k.a. the Save-A-Soul Mission in the Broadway version of life, but don't get me in my professor mode.]

That's me of course in the strict Church Lady outfit there on the right, inspiring my boys to reform their evil ways.

1 comment:

Ken said...

"...hard-drinking, gambling, high-flying Episcopalians..."

Well, I'm shocked, shocked to find gambling going on here!

You know all the jokes: Whiskeypalians, wherever you find four Episcopalians you'll find a fifth, etc., etc.