Monday, January 28, 2008

"Ferry to Chalcedon" post preview, and quick Senate vote roundup

Swamped again... Sigh.

To the left and below are a few preview photos of my two trips to the Asian side of the Bosphorus. The tale with photos (these and many others) in proper chronological order is under construction.

I am NOT listening to the State of the Onion. I will read it when it's over.



Cloture vote on FISA. Good. For updates on the scoundrel scene, see friends' posts here (Mimi) and here (Buddhapalian) and here (Buddhapalian again, on a not unrelated matter). Longish but worth it.





That's the view from the outdoor deck of the ferry. I froze my fingers taking it just for you.

4 comments:

Paul said...

I love the travel posts. So nice of you to take us along!

June Butler said...

Grandpère would love the outdoor food markets. His favorite places in New York and San Francisco are the Chinatown food markets.

johnieb said...

I, too, love the travel posts; you shame the pros!

And I do hope "State of the Onion" was intentional.

Jane R said...

Oh, it was intentional all right.

Busy here with classes and our finalists for the open position in our small department. We have a colleague leaving at the end of the year and have been interviewing for her successor. Since fall actually -- remember the meeting in San Diego? Now we are down to three finalists and they come to campus for the dog and pony show with the marathon interviews and a day and a half nonstop. The good news is that we got a free meal at a nice new local restaurant. Then I had to go teach last night... but the crab cakes were fresh and quite yummy. And Mimi, if you're reading this, I had a glass of Shiraz.