Sunday, May 13, 2007

A little late with your Mom's Day greetings?

This one was my favorite when I was living in Boston. It's from the Women's Lunch Place.

If your concern for the well-being of mothers tends toward the direct and local, this is a wonderful gift.
I can vouch for the Women's Lunch Place. I no longer live in Boston, but I knew the place and its organizers during the early years, and I know they have continued their fine work and kept it personal. In many ways their spirit is inspired by the Catholic Worker Movement, but in addition to nutritious food, they now also have advocacy services. And, of course, they understand the importance of friendship. They are housed in the basement of the Church of the Covenant, a United Church of Christ and Presbyterian federated church in downtown Boston.

No comments: