Two people tagged me for this one, Eileen and pj.
(pj, I think it's pronounced "meem" but I wouldn't swear to it.)
And you know I will get ten times more comments on this post than I ever have on something about theology, politics, race, or other Serious Stuff.
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag six people and at the end of your post, link to their blogs.
- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I'm tagging no one 'cause I hate tagging people (does that count for one of the six silly things?) and I don't want to get anyone all resentful. (No, I'm not mad at you, pj and Eileen. This was fun.) And I'm feeling contrary. (That's contrary in general and not mad at anyone, really. Call it Deadline Disease or Pre-Semester Blues or something.)
1. I don't like flat landscapes.
2. I actually like caviar. (No, I can't afford it, but once in a blue moon someone serves some to me somewhere. I don't go looking for it. Except in sushi restaurants where I order ikura, which is salmon roe.) (Though I just read while searching for a photo link that it's full of PCBs. Shoot. Well, since I only eat it a few times a year I'm cool.)
3. I can't get up the energy to do dishes or put things away or clean house late at night, but when I first get up I actually want to do it and it helps me get the day started. (You'd think I'd learn to get up an hour earlier than planned so as to get all that stuff done, but noooo.)
4. Suburbs or anything resembling them (malls, streets with names of flowering trees and houses that all look alike, no history visible in the landscape) make me nuts. Give me the inner city or a country village instead.
5. I have five incisors on my bottom jaw. Plus all my wisdom teeth, which gives me more teeth than any dentist has ever seen in any patient. (I'm cheating on this one, I had written about it in the Six Weird Things meme.) Chomp, chomp. Don't get on my wrong side or I'll bite your head off.
6. When I need to get started on writing something that's not a meme, I sometimes put on a song I love really loud on the boom box and play it and play it and play it and sometimes sing along with it. Ranges from the Taizé "Per Crucem" or "Surrexit Dominus" or "Laudate Dominum" to Leonard Bernstein's "Simple Song." To various things I've posted on this blog, some of which won't play or link any more because eSnips changed its copyright practices ("We Are Family" or Juice Newton's "Queen of Hearts" or various samba and soul things). Or this YouTube of "Siyahamba" and "Oh Freedom.") Sometimes I get up and dance. Or sometimes I just listen to something over and over, like "Vois sur ton Chemin" from the movie "Les Choristes" or various things by Bach. Listening to the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto used to get my writing jump-started (kind of a Pavlov's Dog thing) but I don't think it does that any more. Come to think of it, I should put it on and try. 'Bye, gotta go.
pj's right, I have no time to do this. :-b
P.S. Eight Random Things Meme here And you already saw the link to the Six Weird Things meme above. Now you know all.