Monday, January 19, 2009

Here's what HBO did not carry: Bishop Gene's prayer, loud and clear

Post this widely, friends.

Here is a YouTube of Bishop Gene Robinson's prayer yesterday at the Lincoln Memorial, with related reporting by various media.

Tip of the warm winter hat to the Episcopal Café.

Since it's not a YouTube of HBO's show, it will stay up. HBO has already challenged copyright on the Pete Seeger YouTube, so YouTube had to take that down. Speaking of that verse on "private property" in "This Land Is Your Land..."

1 comment:

Ken said...

Ah commerce, it's wonderful. I saw Bishop Robinson's prayer via the Cafe, and I'm lucky I caught Springsteen and Seeger on YouTube a few hours ago. I'm a bit sad that YouTube knuckled under to those bullies at HBO, but common sense also has to prevail: you can't fight a legal department from Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe. I'm glad I'm not an HBO subscriber. Saves me the aggravation of having to cancel.