Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's a makes-a-me nuts

Okay, that was a very poor Zeppo Marx-like statement.

The short of it is, I have too much to do and am behind on most of it and I am not amused, though I am trying to have a good attitude about some of it. No, I didn't take on too much and I don't love being über-busy, much of this is Part of the Deal. Also part of having been away two very long weekends in a row.

On the happy side, today is the birthday of the Fabulous Fran. Go send her some love. I shall return. I have to tell you about foodie fun in Boston, but it may be a few days. I also missed the feast of St. Martin of Tours.

I am also still pinching myself about the election.

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Just thinking about you. I had a nice chat with Greg yesterday. :-)

Fran said...

You are so kind to have posted this. I am so behind myself and I am sitting here on your blog when a stack of books and a paper about the Eucharist are crying out to be done.

Thanks for the BD post. Much love to you my sister and my friend!

And I too am still pinching myself about the election. Wheeeeeeeeeee!

OK, back to Anamnesis As Dangerous Memory and other volumes.

johnieb said...

It make a you so nutz I think you confuse Zeppo with Chico. Datsa easy to do; Zeppo, he don do nothin, but Mama wantsa him outa da house.

Exorcism complete.

Franny,

that's a wonderful title; I hope the book is as good.

Jane R said...

Aiiieee, Chico it is. You KNOW I am in really bad shape when I can't keep my Marx Brothers straight.

Which reminds me - have you seen the t-shirt with their photo on it that says "Sure, I'm a Marxist." (Or maybe it only had Groucho on it, but I think it may have had the whole gang. I'm a Harpo girl, myself, though I love them all, yes, even Zeppo.)