Saturday, November 29, 2008

Barbara Lee elected chair of Congressional Black Caucus


My former Member of Congress, Barbara Lee, has been elected chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. Here is a link to the story. I am still on Representative Lee's mailing list even though I moved out of her district over three years ago because I like her so much.

Lee was the only person in the entire Congress to vote against authorizing the use of military force following the attacks of September 11, 2001 and did so at great political risk, even in her liberal district. Indeed, she did so at personal risk and received death threats after her vote in Congress. She has been a consistent critic of the war in Iraq.

Her official website is here. Long may she represent.

2 comments:

pj said...

And she's beautiful, too.

Severely off-topic, When in Doubt... is now on its way to my house, via B&N and UPS. Merry Chrismakwanzakuh to me! :D

Paul said...

As many of us in the Bay Area used to say, "Barbara Lee speaks for me."

Hooray for her. Would that more people listened to her.