Thursday, June 7, 2007

Do you know what your ecological footprint is?

Of course, taking airplanes makes me think of the quantity of fossil fuel I consume. There are several ecological footprint quizzes out there, and I have had one posted in the list of social and ecological justice resources in the right hand column since this blog went up, but once in a while, it's good to draw attention to these things here in the left column.

Do you know what your ecological footprint is?

This is not one of those let-the-Web-tell-you-your-personality-profile quizzes, it is scientifically based. There are other quizzes out there on your carbon footprint and how to offset it. Information or thoughts, anyone?

As usual, janinsanfran is good on these issues. Check her archive for related resources. She also had some great bird pictures (of Great Blue Herons) the other day:

3 comments:

pj said...

Apparently I'm a planet-destroying monster. I'm going to mend my ways.

johnieb said...

Saw a Great Blue at the park last week, standing patiently apart from the ducks, having its picture taken. I hope they and we find ways to share the space we've been given.

johnieb said...

Not bad for a meat eater; a Prius helps.