Monday, August 4, 2008

Swamped

SWAMPED.

Sigh.

Yes, I am breathing.

Also, Her Grace the Feline Bishop Extraordinaire had a little unexpected escapade yesterday, but it was short and without ill consequences except a bit of pouting.

Here's a sweet sculpture of la Virgen de Guadalupe which I found online earlier today. (Yes, work-related; I was finishing up some icon research for a late set of changes in the text of the book.) Apparently she lives in a cottonwood tree in Albuquerque, New Mexico, permanent home of my friend the Bear-in-Exile, Paul the Byzigenous Buddhapalian. Paul heads back to the beautiful city of New Orleans today for more work and more long-term-temporary sojourning in humid climes.


Credit, as you can see, goes to something called NewMexicoPhotos.com. Not sure who the artist is (in addition to Mother Nature) or whether one ever signed the work.

2 comments:

Fran said...

That is a great image!

I love the religious folk art of New Mexico and have more than a few items in my possession, from when I used to travel there.

I pray for your deswamping!

Diane M. Roth said...

yes, I know that swampy feeling myself.

I went to New Mexico last summer and was fascinated by the santeros.