Friday, May 15, 2009

"He'll be as good a president as we make him"

It's been a while since I have posted a link to the fine commentary of Janinsanfran of Happening Here and Gay and Gray fame. Here is her most recent essay, reflecting on President Obama in the light of recent news. A sobering and salutary reminder. (P.S. Newsflash to Nancy Pelosi: With the little we peons knew, we knew torture was happening and we knew it was wrong. Stop making excuses.)

Once again, this reinforces the message of the essay by Howard Zinn that I keep quoting to people, over and over until my face turns blue. I'll keep quoting it and telling people to read it. And re-read it. And act in consequence.

I love our President. And he's a politician. And we are the people. Be the people, all y'all. The active, vigilant people.

No comments: