Thursday, May 7, 2009

Travelers home safely

The intrepid Parents of Acts of Hope phoned to say they are home safely and happy birthday. They had a wonderful trip. They are off to bed since for them it is nearly 11 p.m. and they have been on a plane all day.

I am grading papers (grades are due first thing in the morning, no late grades allowed) and feeling all kinds of deadline pressure but taking a break to go out to dinner with two wonderful men who love each other. Life is good.

(That's the back terrace of the restaurant. Click to enlarge.)

5 comments:

June Butler said...

Jane, your parents are extraordinary. I am amazed that they undertook the trip. For me, the trip home seemed endless. Heck, it is endless. At least, going over there's the anticipation of a lovely trip.

Thanks be to God that they're safely home. I'm glad their trip was wonderful.

Caminante said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday and many more and may this year be a bit more quiet (no falling trees).

The kittehs all say hi and congrats.

Jane R said...

Thanks! Caminante, I hope you're getting a breather at last after all that travel. Yes, a quiet year would be nice. There's been altogether too much drama in this one. Grandmère Mimi, I can't wait to hear about my parents' trip. But I told them to rest up first. So in a day or two we'll talk again and I'll get the details.

Dinner out was great - delicious and fun. I like small dinners with good friends. The restaurant is my favorite one here. We were indoors, but there was a nice photo of that outdoor space on the website, so I thought I'd post it. It's now warm enough that the terrace is usable (unless it rains - though maybe they put up a tent when they have a reception there,who knows) and it is behind the building and away from the road. You can see how they've turned an old-ish house into a restaurant. You'd like it.

PseudoPiskie said...

Good to hear your adventurous parents are home safely with lots of wonderful memories!

lindy said...

Ah, glad to hear that the trip was a success and the Parents of Acts Of Hope are tucked into their beds. They make 90 look good.

Glad you had a night out with friends.