Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday cat blogging and general update

I am taking a couple of days of writing time after a fortnight of very little work on the Big Theological Tome or anything else because of a combo of 1) the tiny little 60 hour a week job at semester's end and 2) church. More the former than the latter, but still, part-time churchy ministry takes time. (I qualify "ministry" since there are a lot more ways of doing ministry than liturgical or administrative leadership.)

+Maya, of course, is sleeping, but wakes more often than she did before the arrival of spring due to continued heavy bird action. It's just too exciting to miss.

As promised, I have begun to take photos of her, but it may be a while till I post them since she tends to change positions when she senses me approaching with the camera. Smart cookie. I'll get a roll of film done over the weekend, though.

The Amazing Parents of Acts of Hope have arrived safely on the other side of the Atlantic, spent a few days in one country, and have arrived in country #2 for a large dose of family togetherness, which will, as usual for the Acts of Hope Family, involve hugs, food, and talk. Is anyone surprised?

Peace to all, and Shabbat Shalom to those of you who observe Shabbat.

Dancing cats by B. Kliban - with obvious reference to Botticelli's Primavera ("Spring") (To see the Botticelli properly, click on the image you get once you have clicked on the link.)

2 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Thanks for the update on the 'rents. Have been curious.

PuddyTat does not like the camera hence the sleeping photos on my blog. The rest don't seem to care.

Hi to +Maya.

June Butler said...

Jane, I'm so pleased that all goes well with your amazing parents, the intrepid travelers.

I shall await +Maya's pictures.