Friday, March 21, 2008

RIP Frederic McFarland of Anglicans Online

It's been nearly a week since I checked Anglicans Online, one of the best of the blogosphere. I knew one of their team, Frederic McFarland, was dying, and indeed I found when I checked just now that he died Monday, March 17. He was 63 years old.

There is a fine obituary with photo here.

As the obit says, may Frederic rest in peace and rise in glory. And may his beloved spouse Cynthia and his friends find consolation in the love of Godde, in their friendship, in the beauty of the earth, and in their common work.

1 comment:

The Cunning Runt said...

I'm sad and sorry to hear this; even though I never knew Frederic, it seems like 63 is a hard age to go.

Nonetheless, a "long battle with cancer" is a helluva life, and a relief from such might be seen as God's mercy.

My sincere wishes for peace and courage go out to those who knew and love him.