Wednesday, April 2, 2008

For PJ, with love

This is for Ms. PJ, writer, artist, mother, wife, friend, hatcher of witticisms, and fine sister.

I must differ with the final part of the sentence, though, 'cause I barely ever made a dime as a freelance writer. But PJ, you can prove me wrong. No rush, now. Sometime in the next 20 years would be great. (I'm the last one to impose pressure on others for their writing since I have missed about five writing deadlines in the past two years.)

Go, writer gurrrrrrl!


Writing is one of the few professions in which you can
psychoanalyze yourself,
get rid of hostilities and frustrations in public,
and get paid for it.
-Octavia Butler
quoted in Go Triad, the arts section of
the Greensboro News & Record,
March 27, 2008

3 comments:

pj said...

Jane, you have entirely too much faith in me. (I feel like I said that to you once before, somehow.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. With such awesome friends behind me, I'm gonna turn this muthah out, seriously.

I don't even know what that means. :)

Mwah!

Fran said...

Go PJ - it will get done.

And Jane, what a great line. I am loving that one.

johnieb said...

Show us what it means, Peedge, Dear: grrrl!