Monday, October 27, 2008

Snazzy Mimi, the Brainy Belle of the Bayou, Hits Headlines on HuffPo

I meant to get to this yesterday, but it's been one of those wild work-y periods, including all weekend. But I have napped and I have talked with our local Obama organizer and +Maya and I have eaten, and now it is time to toot our fabulous friend's horn.

Grandmère Mimi, already famous in this corner of the blogosphere, is the star of an article at the Huffington Post (a.k.a. HuffPo) by Georgianne Nienaber. It's a very good piece and captures the intelligence, warmth, and passion of our Mimi. The headline is, well, sexist (would they have called Mimi's husband "Granddaddy") though catchy. (No, "Belle" above is not sexist. I will call Mimi's spouse a "Debonair Dad" any day now. And she's a brainy belle. All hail to Smart Southern Women, eh Doxy?)

You can read Mimi's tale of the HuffPo adventure here. There is a link to the HuffPo story in that post. You can also go directly to HuffPo to read the story here, and you can read Mimi's comment on the aftermath of the story here. Enjoy!

Here is Mimi's bookshelf, as photographed by HuffPo.

You'll have to go to the article itself to see a photo of Mimi with her sparkling smile. (Can you see the mischief and wisdom there too?) HuffPo also published Mimi's "element" photo from our own canine bishop +Clumber's archives, but without explaining the Anglican context.

Bonus video, also courtesy of Mimi but in a different post: Zydeco for Obama! Oui, on peut.

Hurrah for Mimi. Long may you blog in the great state of Louisiana, dear Mimi. Your fans are cheering.

We're also voting.

Yes, we can.


8 days.

Brought to you by your daily ¡Sí, se puede!

Activated till the polls close on November 4.

6 comments:

June Butler said...

Aawww, Jane. Thanks, love.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

I am all ABOUT some smart Southern women! Mimi is my hero (heroine?), and we can make you an honorary Smart Southern Woman, Miz Jane...

The male equivalent to "granny," BTW, would be "gramps"--which sounds like "cramps." Ugh. (My own mother insisted on being called "Granny." I still don't understand it.)

Cheers,
Doxy

Wormwood's Doxy said...

That didn't come out quite right, now that I think about it---you are *already* a Smart Woman. I just meant you could be an honorary Southerner...

Pax,
Doxy

Fran said...

Jane (by where she lives), Doxy and our brilliant Mimi, all the smart southern women that I love!!

Unknown said...

And don't miss video of Mimi at leisure: Video footage of Mimi

June Butler said...

I was never going to be "granny" to my grandchildren, if I could help it. Just sayin'.